Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Problem Solving

The left side of my orange slippers finally fell apart on me about a week and a half ago. Since then, i have had neither the time nor money to go get myself a new pair. Slippers aint cheap ya know .. everything i came across was way over my rm10 budget.

Since mine tore, ive been randomly using my roomies slippers.. but i cant do that forever now can i? And since engineers are apparently people who solve problems ....

My attempts at putting my poor slipper back together ..

Poor slipper..
I started off with one poor, not so old broken slipper..

UHU Glue? Doesnt really help
Then i nicked my roomies UHU Glue to try stick it back.. which lasted approxmately half a day. Next time, buy elephant glue when you need to do something a little bit more heavy duty.

Reanalyse the problem. Hmmm...

Aha! Staples!
If the Uhu cant make a permanent bond, i'll have to make it as permanent as possible. At least so my slipper will last till i buy epoxy. If i cant glue it together, i can staple it together! So, armed with stapes (once again nicked from my roomie) i glued the offending part back then stapled the seams together. Its been holding so far, but the damn staples are poking the soles of my feet. Which is why ive stuck fabric plasters over the staples!

Arent i smart??

Ladies and gentlemen, there you have it : The future engineer of Malaysia.

No comments: