Monday, July 14, 2008

Today

What I have learnt about Qatar in my one week stay so far:

1. The preferred mode of transport (if you have the cash) is a big white land cruiser. The bigger the better to ride sand dunes with.
2. Cars are cheap. Cheap enough that they can be abandoned by the road if they were in a crash.
3. Petrol is bloddy dirt cheap. QR0.70/l. Which works out to roughly 65 cents/liter. Which is why people can drive big cars.
4. The majority of the people living in Qatar at the moment are non natives, like me
5. Shops close in the middle of the day. Literally close.
6. Friday = Sunday = Day of rest
7. People eat alot of meat, I miss eating proper veggie
8. Movie tickets are friggin expensive. QR35/ticket. Dont EVER let me here you complain that RM10 is expensive anymore.
9. You can do wheelies in the middle of the city streets at night, traffic stops for you
10. The majority of cars here have dents in them.
11. Hungry people. They give girls the once over look everytime they pass. Damn pervy
12. I havent seen any stray cats. Maybe its too hot?
13. Temp will soar to the fifties and reach the sixties next month. Its also the time when humidity is at its maximum so you literally cant breathe.
14. There is (from my observation) a large number of prostitutes in the hotel bar/clubs
15. Hotels are the only place with a liqour license, that stuff is damn expensive

I have gotten several shades darker; I hope i haven't got any fatter.

1 comment:

limchinten said...

when you eat a lot of meat...you tend to get fatter keke