Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Counting Days

I have been here for 11 days. Yes, I am actually counting at the moment.

Time has passed faster than expected, Im starting to worry i wont have enough time to finish all the tasks before September.

I have whined. And I have missed home. So much. (Suddenly have become damn patriotic)

Simple act of picking up the phone and going for dinner. Having pasta. Or tomyam. Or maggi. A bottle of dry muscat. Things I cant do anymore.

Qatar is a strange city. 'New' Doha as its called is like a massive planned structure bursting out of a warzone. While im on the bus to work (it leaves at 6.50 btw, so NONE of you complain to me that you need to wake up early again) we go past piles of rock and sand and rubble. Some small little structures set in a backdrop of more sand. No green, no trees except sad looking pine trees (if you;re lucky). I pass roadworks and banged up cars; roads with no pavements or lines, plenty of potholes and orange cones.

But take a trip to the 'new' doha city, mammoth structures of glass and metal are sprouting like mushrooms (btw, do mushrooms sprout?)

The view from my window

The only nice place in Doha to eat.

Around the city centre

Im too lazy to resize and post up more pics here, will probably put them up on fb :)

I need to study.



No comments: