Sunday, July 03, 2005

Introducing ...

The Squeaky Piggy

Say hello to the latest addition to my household .. Squeaky Piggy :)

Remember how i said i wanted to get a little critter, like a Chinchilla? That fell flat after i found out they need dust baths, lotsa room to run and jump and that they live for ten to fifteen years. Too much commitment, too much responsibility .. So i have gone and gotten myself *drumroll* a guinea pig. Yup.. thats the little critter. Had a little problem naming it .. he's gone from being called guinea pig to it to joobie to el grenada to kacang .. i have finally given up and christianed him Squeaky Piggy cos he sqeaks (we know that for a fact cos there was first hand eperience) and well duh, hes a guinea pig.

Jon, Michelle and I went shopping for him and couple of days ago. I hand picked him out of the cage myself (service in this particular shop SUCKS, just cos im not buying a dog doesnt give you the right to ignore me). Walking around the store looking for a suitable cage and holding piggy in my hand, i spotted a potential cage. On the top shelf. Being the smart person i am, i reached up with one hand still holding piggy to grab the cage....

...then something from the cage came falling down and landed right on piggys head. I have never heard such a loud squeal in my life. Well, except the time i left my rabbit in the sun and he died of heat stroke but that doesnt count. Anyway... theres a small bald patch on his head now (hope it isnt my fault).

We are now crossing fingers and hoping he isnt retarded. What could be worse than a retarded guinea pig?

No comments: