Thursday, May 12, 2005

Things I Bet you Did Not Know

Did you know that one cement mixer truck can hold up to 5 cubic meters if concrete? And that it costs RM750 per truck? Or that fourteen twelve meter thirty two millimeter diameter bars weigh slighlty over a tonne. Bet you didnt.. Bet you also didnt know that a concrete nail is made of steel and that all vehicles leaving a construction site must have their wheels washed??Didnt think so.

This is what ive been learning. Though what relevence it is to me at the moment i have yet to find out.. but as my boss says, its all part of training and i'll thank him someday, cos no other training sites will bother to teach this much. But then again, he also says I talk alot (pandai cakap) and that im happy go lucky (im a first year student, im supposed to be happy, arent i?) so yea... Five more weeks to go and counting. I dont know whether to feel happy or sad. Happy cos i'll finally be free, sad cos it would mean the end of my hols. Whatever it is, i'll miss the mad times the four of us trainees had together.

Shit. He's too tired to call. I dont know whether its just my imagination or does this seem to happen really often?? Maybe i should start keeping track. Then I would have some sort of concrete proof and there will be no need for an argument, i can reason it out in my head. Or maybe i just shouldnt bother and go out more. Hmmm.. the possibilities are endless. Right now, going out more seems like the best option. Seems like its been ages since i had a good chill. Seems like ages since i had a good anything. A good meal, a good nights sleep, a good time, a good chat up with my girls, a good mamak session, a good starbucks session, a good workout.. Then again, when you do nothing but work nine hours a day, six days a week with limited social contact, you tend to lose your sanity somewhat.

Screw everything.

In five weeks time, i'll be let loose. Its time to stay up all night and paint the town red before i settle back into the routine of being Lisa, the wiered, lazy, messed up hair and perpetually late for class deans list student that cant speak Chinese yet is a Chinese. And may not be on the deans list for much longer. Once again, I'm gonna say screw it. Nothing will stop me from enjoying whats left of my hols.

Two more days till the my much awaited Sunday. Maybe tomorrow we'll go to Tesco to waste yet some more time. It rained this morning when we were on the site. For lack of anything to do, and cos we are lazy bums anyway, se ran across to tesco and spent the afternoon there :). I think im a bad influence.

No comments: