Monday, June 06, 2005

Musical Baton

I know, i know.. it took that long to get this done. But when you no longer have a wifi spot and the pc runs on windows 98 with no speakers.. how can you pass on a musical baton when you cant here anything?? Right??

Anyway, here goes...

Total volume of music on my computer:
Wait.. lemme count .. 2.14GB plus another 3.28GB OH MY THATS A DAMN TOTAL OF 5.42GB!!!Now i really have to sit down and go through all my music files.. i doubt i've even heard all of them more than five times. Damn, thats alot of space taken up..

Last Cd purchased:
Cant remember.. would've have been years ago. I am a staunch supporter of piracy and praise the dude who invented the cd burner. Why spend forty bucks buying a cd when i only want twelve out of the eighteen songs? Why not spend a dollar on a blank cd, rip and burn whatever you want and take that extra thirty nine bucks to keep your belly full for the rest of the week.. logical right??? HAIL BLANK CDS AND DVD BURNERS!!! The last time i bought a cd was when i was sixteen. Before the age of cd burners, and before the age of broadband - Red Hot CHilli Peppers : Californiacation

Song playing right now:
The Smashing Pumpkins - 1979. My taste in music is very varied. Dig deep enough into my hard drive, you'll find everything ranging from Michael Buble to Four Strings to Frank Sinatra to Travis. From Christina Aguilera to Sarah Maclachlan, Diana Krall to Green Day and Oasis...chillout music to anime themes... anything goes. Maybe thats why i have so much music ... hmmm..

Five songs that mean alot to me:
Okay.. this is hard.. ummm...in no particular order:1)Alanis Morissette - Ironic. I dont know why, but i just love this song. Maybe the earliest songs you know make the most impact? But i just like the fact that its well so... ironic:)
Old man, just turned ninty eight; won a lottery, then died the next day;
Its a death row pardon, two minutes too late.
And isnt it ironic?? Dont you think??

2)Puddle of Mudd - Blurry / System of a Down - Chop Suey. Reminds me of the mad days i had back in sixth form with the girls and the guys, but mostly with Terri and Vila. We were a category of our own. I can now look back and laugh.

3)Green Day - Time of Your Life.
Another turning point;
a fork stuck in the road.
Time grabs you by the wrist;
directs you where to go.
So make the best of this test
and don't ask why.
It's not a question
but a lesson learned in time.
It's something unpredictable
but in the end it's right.
I hope you had the time of your life.

This would basically be my thinking right now. If it wasnt, id have jumped off the uni library during my first sem.

4) Leanne Rimes - Soon. At least, i think thats the title. I was going through a rough patch, and it did NOT help that Mix Fm played sappy love songs every night. I remember the lyrics when something like i'll have shed my last tear soon, I'll get over you soon, i'll make it throught the night without you soon..(independent, huh?)..till you realise she's singing 'soon as the mountains turn to rivers, soon as the seas turn into sand, soon as the sun comes up at midnight', thats how soon. And till then, i'll just pretend that i'm okay and wait for that someday soon. Damn, its a phobic song. Think sit by the radio pathetically in tears. So if you're miserable, dont listen to mix fm cos it will probably make you feel worse.

5) Frank Sinatra - LOVE. I just like it, and i like his voice. Called me old fashioned, im a Frank Sinatra person. And im still waiting for the rest of my V'day song....

Five people im passing the baton to:
Jon
Drey
Michelle
Justin
My brother. which is doubtful he ever will, but hey might as well give it a try.

There you are, Tzelin.. the musical baton, successfully carried on. Cheers!

No comments: