Monday, November 17, 2008

All at once

Its been a while.
More than two weeks, I would imagine. Not that I'm keeping count. But yeah .. its been a while.

So much has changed in so short a time. I've left Europe behind me, left behind two and a halfs months of dreaming and dropped back in reality to Doha with a hard, hard thud. Ouch.

Fly high, fall hard, but better than not flying at all, right?

Anyone wants to tell me my photography skills have improved?

We all have to get back to work some day. Nothing much to say at the moment .. Gathering my pics (which happen to be on the other lappie right now - sorry Terri, I know I still owe you one) to post of a little photojournal of my time there.

Words can't describe it. And I'm too lazy to write in detail, so pictures will have to suffice.

Oh well.. Back in Doha and unmotivated (same phone number, call me!!). Trying to pull together the nerve to step back into my boots and coveralls and back to the base. Its hard, having to start over; with noone to watch my back.

I will miss the other trainees dearly. And a little envious if truth be told that they got to end up in the same location together. But I will not whinge. I will count my blessings instead. I will not even say I will try not to whinge.

Someone told me that saying try is a sign of weakness.

I will keep my chin up. No fear. Time to fly solo. I don't think I'm ready but I have to jump anyway.


" All at once,
The world can overwhelm me
There's almost nothin' that you could tell me
That could ease my mind

Which way will you run
When it's always all around you
And the feelin' lost and found you again
A feelin' that we have no control
Around the sun
Some say
There's gonna be the new hell
Some say
It's still too early to tell
Some say
It really ain't no myth at all "
Jack Johnson


No comments: