Saturday, September 17, 2005

its not fair...

I am so so PISSED. Females can be so petty. My English teacher hates me. And it shows when it came to her reviews of our English oral presentations.

Guess what? Mine doesn’t even have a rating. When she reached my name :

Hmmm .. Lisa .. well … Eye contact good, voice good, confidence okay … but you need to work on your enthusiasm.

Guess what? She said nothing about enthusiasm to anyone else. Nope. . all they got were comments on there grammar, eye contact, voice .. WHY ME?

Yea well… apparently my speakin has grammatical flaws as well. BUT guess what? Second best presenter was someone who says things like ‘ Today I would like to share with you about my topic which is the secret to happy’

WTF???? Even a high school student should be able to point out the glaringly obvious error in that sentence. There were similar mistakes throughout her presentation too. Funnily enough, my teacher said nothing about her grammar. Just the usual ‘eye contact good, voice good, confidence good ..’ Tell me.. am I bitching over nothing?? What is the mark of a good presentation then? That you have the ability to suck up to the teacher and win her heart? Oh yea .. and fyi I have nothing against the girl.. shes really nice.. I do, however have a very big thing against the third best presenter .. damn apple polisher. Her voice wasn’t all that loud and she was probably less enthusiastic than I was. I quote the teacher ‘you need to work on your eye contact, you tend to stare only at one certain spot. A few grammatical errors but its normal’ so … remind me again .. why is she rated third? Damn bitch. Now just so you don’t think im full of myself, I did go around asking what other more objective people thought of my presentation. Feedback was that my presentation was pretty good and they were surprised about the choice of second best.

IT NOT FAIR.

To satisfy me (or shut me up) Kar Loon suggest we go see the lecturer and find out what she’s looking for in a good presentation (read: COMPLAIN). Its so hot. And im so pissed its making me feel even hotter. Which is why im sitting here without a shirt on. Im pissed off and I cant be bothered anymore.

No comments: