Monday, April 04, 2005

Third day of work

As im writing this im sitting in Chai's house with all the girls. About to eat spaghetti and junk food and watch tv :)

Anyway, today would be my third day or work/industrial training at IJM and its gotten pretty fun. Well, today at least. For those less informed, as a scholarship student i have to complete ten weeks of training every year. And this year, they took pity on me and let me do my training at the Bayswater Resort Condominium. Thats right next to Tesco. And its still in consrtuction. So here you have a first year Mech student who knows absolutely nothing on a construction site. And i have my own little safety helmet and safety boots. So every now and then i get to go on site and into buildings and explore. And if im not doing that i get to sit in the office and do absolutely nothing. Actually im supposed to look at construction drawings and read up on all sorts of systems but it doesnt really matter. Only downside about havin no proper work to do?? Bloody boring. Oh well... for 500 bucks a month what can you expect. Im basically gettin allowance for doing nothing but observing and asking questions. And after 3 days i know more amount the practical side of civil engineering than about my own field. But going on site is fun. For the moment. Added bonus is that there a couple more trainees with me :), we trainees follow the big people out to eat so i never have to drive.

I hear spaghetti calling my name .. pics coming soon..till then, im gonna stuff myself silly.

No comments: