Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Rain Rain go Away

A massive storm a couple of days ago fried my pc modem. Now im stuck havin to connect with a lousy laptop one. Sigh.

Anyways, there was a massive storm on monday, the kind where visibility is so low you cant drive, the sky is all red, loads of wind, thunder and lightning. I was on the com when the power got cut off. So being me (so smart) i turned it back on again. Well..guess it wasnt that great an idea cos about fifteen mins later the fuse tripped again (is this why the modem fried??) so i gave up and spent a sleepless half hour in my bed till i decided it was safe enough to venture out and flip the switch back on. I got out of bed, walked to my door, opened it and stepped out ..

Right into a puddle of water.

Yup. My house flooded. Rather nasty shock at one in the morning considering its never flooded before. Heck it just got renovated. My first thought was that the toilet somehow overflowed which wasnt too comforting especially since there was no power so i had no idea what i was stepping in (imagine HUMAN WASTE. Oh yuck). Anyway i opened my mouth and made enough noise to wake my folks up, plucked up enough courage to walk to the fuse box in all that water and flip the switch back on ( rather stupid realy, i could have been electrocuted come to think of it ) and found myself staring at enough water for fish to swim in. Okay okay, enough water for peacock fish to swim in.

My mom: the water came in through the windows, who didnt close the wondows, see now all the water came in through the windows, aiya aiya why didnt anyone close the windows..
My dad: Its coming from underground, maybe theres too much water in the soil and theres a crack in the tiles *poke poke around looking for a misterious hidden spring* stop making so much noise it cant be coming from the window water can come from underground ..

I walked around the house and found out the water was coming from the roof. Haih. I spent that night moving all my waterlogged stuff to a higher level.

Today, i have yet again been reminded how uneligible my writing is. As industrial trainees, we each have to submit a report and keep a logbook.. so naturally we swapped notes. And at least once for every page, someone comes up to me and asks me what i wrote. And sometimes i cant read it either. Guess all that writing in primary school didnt help much. :)

With my pc down, i cant upload any pics. All i can say is that safety helmets and me just dont go. I feel like a maggot.

No comments: