Monday, June 16, 2008

Almost There

OMG OMG OMG

Its already Sunday, which means that I have less than 4 days to pack up and get ready for a whole new (hard and boring) chapter of my life.

Im leaving Friday. FRIDAY. So soon!?! Im not ready! I cant do it . .

Flight to KL on Friday to sign a few papers, then off to Dubai on Saturday, arrive on Sunday, take a van ride to Abu Dhabi, check in to my service apartment (hopfully its nice, and i dont share rooms) and crash. Then its up at 5am on Monday to get ready for my OFS-1 i.e. welcome to the oil field.

One week.

The I'm back in KL for a day or two before packing up my whole freakin life and moving to Kemaman. Terengganu. I have nothing decent to wear.

TERENGGANU. The only thing that comes to mind when I think of Terengganu is keropok lekor.

I'm worried. Not just about the place, but about the job, about everything. Its hard to leave everything behind, even more so when its for an indefinite period of time. What do I look forward to now? I know I said I'm up for the challenge, but sometimes I doubt myself. I look back on my past days and I realised I was never really alone; I always had someone to back me up. So i graduated from uni with reasonable good results, but still feeling a little like a fraud. Cos I dont know if I could have done it by myself.

I know I should be taking things with a pinch of salt, but horror stories are horror stories all the same.

I'm really going to miss my home. And my friends. And my pets. We all do what we have to, but it wasnt an easy choice to make.

No comments: