Thursday, October 13, 2005

Only Words..

Its been a bitch of a week, with things comin one after another after another. Doesnt help that i ended up sick by monday morning (ugh, presentation at 8.30am with no voice) and i stayed sick for the next couple of days. Darn flu, im blaming in on Kar Loon. My powers of recovery are amazing though so after spending about 15 hours sleeping (with a bathroom trip in between) i turned out fine.

This week has been jammed pack with assingments, test, extra classes and presentations but that wouldnt be the only reason why this whole week gave me a major headache and big puffy eyes. There were a couple of inccidents which made me stop, think and review my current situation. Its not easy when youre pushed away. Its not easy to have to come to a point where you realise you arent what you once were .. its not easy to come to look in the mirror and realise what you have become. Even more so when you hate what you turned into. Then you wonder 'what happened to me? And its not easy to have to think if everything is worth it. The world kinda comes crashing down on you once you realise that things you were once so certain of are not certain anymore. Its not that simple to just go on and pretend nothing happend.

After a few days of mulling things over in solitude, i have come to realise its not my fault. And that there are some things which i have no control of. There is a middle path to everything, and there is no need for me to feel guilt for wanting more time .. or wanting company .. or sympathy (i know la, damn manja).

    Sticks and stones may break my bones; but words will never hurt me.

Whoever said that was obviously lying. Cos words hurt .. and i still maintain my stand that noone should ever deserve to be yelled and cursed in a fit of anger. Not even a dog.

No comments: