Monday, March 28, 2005

A thought and a Holiday

Today’s conversation made me think:

Is it wrong to want something better? To be the best you can be, to want to try harder?
Is it wrong to push yourself to the limit, to go all the way? Is it wrong to try?

I've always thought to myself, if someone else can do it, I can to. Within reasonable limitations, that is..I know I will never be a super model/movie star/genius. So I push myself, I don’t want to be left out. I don’t want to at the end of the day, feel like shit cos I didn’t try. I don’t want to think that I might have, that I could have, if only I tried. I hate what-iffing.

So I push, sometimes to the point where I buckle under the stress, and I break down.I don’t want to fail. And I guess by fail, I don’t mean pass-fail kind of fail. I don’t want to disappoint myself. I don’t want to not be able to live up to expectations. Maybe I try to hard, maybe I expect to much.

Maybe that’s wrong??

Hmm...
I think something went wrong somewhere along the line...
Or I could settle for the fact that I’m just weird.

Oh yea .. the girls and I went up to Mount Pleasure for the weekend, to let loose and have some fun J .. and we did have fun. From mahjong sessions to pool dunking, hair curling-straightening to ice cream parties, drinking and junk food sessions, it was all a blast. Even when a hand phone accidentally went swimming with us. It’s a cozy feeling, nine girls squished onto one bed, fighting over the comforter and talking till the sun comes up and its not night time anymore. From fifth form till now, we’ve been coming up at least once a year. And sitting there pigging out on ice cream, junk, cereal, whatever was edible in the house, it’s nice to know boyfriends or not, working or jobless, local uni student or not, we all have mount pleasure and ice cream if we make the effort.

Though I didn’t take many pics (it completely slipped my mind the night before), check out the pics, nevertheless..


Yu Ming and Leech
Lazing in the pool
water babes :)
See Mun
A happy Chai floating
Leech and Me
Another poolside pic .. arent we a happy lot
The Babidadari : Me, Chai and Terri

And for a group of girls who basically had no sleep the night before and managed to eat an alarming amount of food between us (think about 100 bucks worth of food in a day – a dozen eggs, ten packets of instant noodles, 2 cartons of milk, eight tubs of yoghurt, cereal, a lot of junkfood, bread, ice cream, rice, chicken .. – yes, we are scary), I think we look pretty darn content J

No comments: