Friday, March 11, 2005

In loving memory of Teoh Wei Loon

Yesterday i went to a funeral. My classmates funeral. He wasnt even 21 yet, just about to finish his first year in uni.

Im not going to exaggerate say how close we were and stuff like that cos we werent. We were friends, classmates. Not close friends. I cant even begin to imagine how his closest friends, family, girlfriend must be feeling. I cant imagine myself in the same place. I dont want to ever be in the same place. But it makes you realise, just how fragile life is. Just how suddenly things can happen. Where you spend your life reading stuff like this, watching stuff like this and you live in your secure little coccoon thinking it will never happen to me.

It still seems unreal. At the funeral, it struck me odd cos there seemed to be too many youngsters, teenagers. People in my generation who have at most have only gone to a grandparents, greatgrandparents funeral, or maybe not at all. At this age, death is something you think is still far, far away.

He will be dearly missed by all who knew him.

No comments: