Tuesday, September 02, 2008

I cant speak French

Its been a while. . .

Im trying to keep to updating this at least once a week. So many things to say, but not so much I want to share. Hmmm..

Call me if you want to know :)

Anyway, I had a jammed packed weekend (weekend being Thursday-Friday in Doha) before packing and jumping onto a flight and here I am in France!

Details of the weekend may or may not be posted just cos im lazy, but I had a good time

Its my 2nd day here now, I love it! Its fresh and green and cold but not to the point where im freezing yet. Good change from hot and dusty Qatar. It was 46degrees the afternoon i left.

Food is good (so far) but expensive (sadly) mainly cos of the shitty exchange rate we get. Havent gone out much except to the shopping area around Val d'Europe (is this how you spell it?) cos well . . . Im here for work/study.. so i hop on the bus in the morning at 7 . . . it takes an hour to get to the elc .. then we leave at 6 so im back at the hotel at 7. Twelve full hours!

Im hoping to get out a little more today.

Anyway, yesterday we went grocery shopping. . . And then I realised how freaking hard it is to be in a country where ALL the signs and ALL the labels are in a foreign language. I couldnt find the milk or the yoghurt or the biscuits. . had to randomly wander around all the aisles.

Im really glad im not here alone. Pics coming soon!

No comments: